Monday, January 18, 2010

Dog Gone it

Sorry I missed the weekend! I am still trying to get things fixed up on my phone. Hopefully soon I will be able to keep this daily!

A little more about myself, My husband and I have 2 dogs. One is a Miniature Australian Shepherd named Niky. The other is a Viszla named Hickory. Both are rare breed and both have enough personality to keep anyone entertained. They are almost exact opposites of each other. Both are happy dogs but Niky is very prissy and acts like the world revolves around her every whim. Hickory is very "bouncy". He is a hunting dog and as many people know, hunting dogs exhibit a certain bouncy quality that cannot be contained. Hes always exploring and always trying to find new and adventurous ways of getting into everything! My funny things will most likely often include these twos antics.


Hickory's favorite perch

Yesterday, I was playing with the dogs and their "rings" *their rings are 3 rubber rings intertwined to make a chain link*. Niky decided she didn't want Hickory to get the rings and she wanted them all for herself. So after I had thrown the rings and Hickory was on his way to bring them back to me, Niky came out of nowhere and grabbed the end of the rings from behind Hickory almost making him flip over but he gained his composure and the game of tug of war ensued! After 3 minutes of playing tug of war, Niky decided that maybe it was OK that Hickory had the rings and she let go. Hickory then brought me them to me and I threw them again. The chase was on! Hickory darted to get the rings first, then he took them and ran as fast as he could past Niky. She followed trying to do the same trick as last time but it didn't work. He ran around the chair I was sitting in and started playing keep away from Niky. I don't know if anyone else finds this funny but watching a sheep herding dog get aggravated because she had to chase a very smart bird dog around a chair only to not be able to keep up with him is pretty stinkin hilarious!

Well, I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday and Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.